D-Day: The Battle for Normandy by Antony Beevor | Teen Ink

D-Day: The Battle for Normandy by Antony Beevor

By MaxMU BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
MaxMU BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

D-Day: The battle for Normandy, is about a large, and bloody battle that happened on the coast of Normandy. This was during the large battles of WWII. Throughout the book, there are many pictures and maps for better understanding of D-Day. Also to give a troubling, and helpful point of view on D-Day, they tend to give you more information about the days before and after D-Day.

This book talks about this large battle that left about ten thousand Allied and Axis casualties. During this battle, the Allies were coming on some what small boats called ‘landing crafts’. The Allies needed this spot for an easier entrance into Germany and other places that may be near by. The book has no main character due to its overall showing on this large battle. They will show on Eisenhower's and Hitler’s point of view. Antony uses strong and informational words throughout the book. Like many other books, it helps give more information on some more well known soldiers. Also it will include the ranks of most soldiers when they will talk about them in particular.

Antony is a well trusted author. He is a visiting professor at Birkbeck college in London. Lots of past family members of his where writers as well. Beevor also was in the army for a few months of so. Anthony has many books on WWII and around that time point. The main type of history, he studies the most is more modern history.

My personal opinion on this book’s rating is a 8 out of 10. At some points throughout the story lots of confusing and strong word choice is used. Also, the book may go too far with a topic that may not be too much on D-Day itself. Other then that the book’s rating is good. Not only that though, the transactions from the points of view may through a few readers off track on what they should be more focused on.