A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Set in Beaufort, North Carolina, in the 1950s, A Walk to Remember tells the story of 17-year-old Landon Carter, who learns to live life differently after meeting Jamie Sullivan. Initially, Landon is the kind of guy who cares too much about what people think of him. But when Jamie comes into the picture, he only cares about being with her.

Things are looking up for Landon, until Jamie drops a bomb that changes their lives forever.

In A Walk to Remember, the characters take time to get to know each other and end up falling in love. Like other novelists of realistic fiction, Nicholas Sparks emotionally engages the reader. A Walk to Remember ­reminded me of all of Lurlene McDaniel’s novels, because both authors use themes of love and death.

A Walk to Remember is a book that you will not want to put down until you’ve reached the last page, because Sparks draws the reader in with emotions, descriptions, love, and death. For those who enjoy novels that touch your heart and make you think about real life, A Walk to Remember is perfect for you.

ralan said...
May 8 at 9:45 am:
I like this book because the words used in the this book is very much heart touching and water comes out of my eyes. And this book is very emotion and i like the story which is very much emotion

morgan12345 said...
Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:44 am:
Book Review Outline Book title and author:  A Walk to Remember Nicholas Sparks Title of review:  My Favorite book! Number of stars (1 to 5): 4.9 Description and summary of main points She fell in love with a boy named Landon. Her dad was a preacher of a church. She finally tells why she was shy and sick.  The girl and the boy are two different types of people. People yo... (more »)

aishwarya tiwari said...
Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:55 am:
ita an awsm novel ..lv it alot...<3

AKequestrian said...
This didn't really seem like a book review it was more of a book report. It sort of spoiled the book for me!! the last paragraph was good  though and its what inspired me to read it... :)

hermione said...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 4:35 am:
i don't really understand does jamie die or not coz the writer says that i believe miracles can happen....it kinda means that she didn't die...right?

pianjo replied...
Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:39 pm :
sparks intented to leave the ending hanging so it is left to the readers to answer...

Invisible2Him said...
Feb. 17, 2012 at 10:50 pm:
I personally didn't like this book. I thought it was horribly written. Deffinitely one of Sparks worst pieces and I usually do really like his books. Honestly, I thought this book could've been meant for a fourth grader to read. I'm surprised I actually enjoyed the movie a lot better.

nicole12345678 replied...
May 15, 2012 at 9:37 am :
i dont understand how you cannot like this book? all of his novels are kind of related. this book was amazing, just like all his others. hes an amazing writer, i don't think it was right for you to post this.

tinkerbell123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I absolutely LOVE this book!

AnnieLovesChase <3 said...
Jan. 26, 2012 at 11:24 am:
I love this book with all my heart almost as much as i love chase ! this is by far the best book ive read in a very very love time ! I love how he can always

AnnielovesChase (: said...
Jan. 26, 2012 at 11:20 am:
I absulutly am in love with this book its by far the best book ive read

laura28772 said...
thanks for the great review, definitely have to read this book for myself :)

book said...
Love with all me heart

LazyDaisyLovesYou said...
I LOVE this book! For anyone who's never read it, YOU SHOULD!!! 

alex demond said...
hey im 15 i just fineshed a wlk to remember and well my teacher gave me an project to do and its to find a poem that is related to the story of a walk to remember and it has to be from the 50s. some one help please i cnt find one!!!

Mrs.HarryPotter said...
I'm 14 and I always worry that Nicholas Sparks books will be innappropriate for me. Is this the same?

AccioPencilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 8:36 am :

Hi, Mrs. HarryPotter. I read A Walk to Remember when I was fourteen, and there was no inappropriate or graphic content. :)

By the way, LOVE your username!

LazyDaisyLovesYou said...
I want to read this book! :)

cheydance said...
I absolutly love this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have read almost every book nicholas sparks ever wrote he is my favorite writerand i love how his books just pull you inside of them. I can never put his books down with out finishing them if you have never read this book then i highly reconmend it, it is sad , happy, and all around amazing you really should read it. But if you think that i am just another obsessed fan then don't take my word and prove me wrong and read it and see if you like it or ... (more »)

Embergem said...
Jul. 19, 2011 at 1:47 pm:
This book is so amazing! I had to do a project on this for school andI got an A++++++!!!!!