The House of Hades by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The House of Hades by Rick Riordan

April 8, 2014
By KibleTreats BRONZE, Cincinatti, Ohio
KibleTreats BRONZE, Cincinatti, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The House of Hades is the fourth book in a completely awe inspiring series, The Heroes of Olympus. This book is about how Percy and Annabeth have fallen into Tartarus, and must battle evil gods, like the god Tartarus himself. Along the way, they get help from Bob, the brainwashed Titan, and Small Bob, a skeletal kitten, that can turn into a sabertooth cat, and Damasean, a good Giant.
Their objective is to cut the Doors of Death free from letting the monstrosities of Tartarus coming up into the mortal world, wreaking havoc. That is where our other friends come in- Jason, Piper, Leo, Hazel, Coach Hedge, Frank, Nico, and Festus. Their job is to travel over land, and cut the doors free, and also save Percy and Annabeth from certain death. They fight gods, villains, and even themselves in times of trouble.
I liked how this book was full of action, and also mystery. It would lead you on to believe that you knew what was going to happen next, and then bam, PLOT TWIST. This book was one of those books you literally slept with under your pillow. What I didn’t like about it was that it was a big cliffhanger, because I can’t say why, trying not to spoil it for you.
I think that this book will appeal to a very specific audience of young teens who like big books, and also who like action, and mythology. This book made my imagination run wild, when I was thinking what a giant with green seaweed for hair looked like, to what millions of little monsters walking around inside of a giant man under the Earth would look like. Also, I think that the author of this book is truly one of the best authors to ever have lived. He has made three best selling childrens series, and also has at least 6 renowned adult novels.
The plot of this book was great. There was no part in the story where I was not interested. Also, the way that the characters related to a normal person of their age was really cool, because it kind of made a personal connection because they are around my age. And, I think that when I can relate to the characters in my book about the way that they feel, and also the way that they act, and why.

Personally, I think that this book was the best of its series, The Heroes of Olympus, because there are so many mysteries solved in the book that were evading the reader for so long in the other three books, which I also recommend. Also, this book possesses something that the others do not, and that is a relatable character, Frank Zang. I feel that I know him, because he is also the underdog. When he is with his friends, he feels unimportant, and then he proves himself, can’t say how. That is how I feel with my brothers. They are both very big and strong, and think lesser of me. Whenever I get a chance to prove myself, I jump on it, just like Frank.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 1 comment.


Aunt Kibble said...
on May. 29 2014 at 12:59 pm
Excellent review!  Remember, KibbleTreats, muscles are no substitute for intellectual giants.  Keep jumping!