:Wake by Amanda Hocking | Teen Ink

:Wake by Amanda Hocking

By olivia_snyder BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
olivia_snyder BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

Wake Book Review

Wake is the first in the Watersong trilogy by Amanda Hocking. If you love anything mystical and adventurous, her books are the perfect books for you. Amanda Hocking writes amazing, descriptive, and creative books. She has another trilogy called the Trylle trilogy. She writes about everything including mermaids and trolls. Wanna find out about what Wake is? Here is just a little bit. If you want to know more you are just going to have to read the book.

Gemma is a 16 year old girl. She has brown hair and is an incredible swimmer. Her sister Harper , her Dad, and she live together. She and Harper have lived in Capri for as long as they can remember. This summer something is going to change. Pen, Lexie, and Thea are vacationing in Capri this summer. Everyone seems to notice if they are in the room or in the area. Why you might ask? Because they are stunning.

Amanda Hocking went out of her way to describe these characters as above average on the beauty scale. Pen has dark hair, almost as dark as a black pen’s ink. Her eyes are a cold grey that make you stop in your steps. Lexi has long straight, bright shiny blond hair, and a pair of big blue eyes to accompany it. Thea has red and curly hair. Her eyes are wide and can go from bright green to a dark hazel. They are causing a few changes in Capri.
Alex is Gemma and Harper’s neighbor. He has lived next to them for as long as he can remember. He knows Harper very well, but has never really talked to Gemma. Until this summer Gemma usually avoided the dorky guy next door. Her car broke down just before she could drive to the beach for her midnight swim. Alex was out side and offered her a ride. She accepted and he took her to the bay. Gemma was swimming like she usually did, but something was off. She felt as if someone was watching her. She couldn’t figure it out until she met Pen, Lexi and Thea. She didn’t like them and she couldn’t help but feel scared by them.
Daniel is a family friend of Harper and Gemma. He works at the docks and lives on his boat. He runs into Harper occasionally when she gives her Dad his lunch. He starts to fall for Harper. Is this going to be a problem? You're just going to have to read to find out.
The story is told by Gemma, Harper, Alex, and Daniel. Amanda Hocking does a great job including details to keep the story flowing with so many different characters telling the story. It keeps the reader pulled in with all of the different details too. I honestly think this book and its series are some of the best I’ve read!