Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff kinney | Teen Ink

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff kinney

By Austin Ratliff BRONZE, Moundsville, West Virginia
Austin Ratliff BRONZE, Moundsville, West Virginia

Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Jeff Kinney is the author of children’s books including Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. Jeff Kinney was born in College Park, Maryland, in 1971. In 1998 Jeff came up with the idea for Diary of a Wimpy Kid, a story about a middle-school weakling named Greg Heffley. Jeff worked on his book for almost eight years before showing it to a publisher in New York. He also created a kids website called Popropica. This book has 109,371 ratings and 8,764 reviews. Jeff Kinney launched an exciting and innovatively illustrated new series narrated by an unforgetable kid every family can relate to.

Greg Heffley has a new school year and Greg Heffley finds himself thrust into middle school, where undersized weaklings share the hallways with kids who are taller, meaner, and already shaving. The hazards of growing up before you’re ready, are uniquely revealed through words and drawings as Greg records them in his very own diary. I also think that this book is a good one to read to yourself. I recommend this book to other kids because this is a good way to learn how to survive middle school. However, Jeff was not successful in getting his comic strip syndicated after college, and in 1998 he started writing down ideas for Diary of a Wimpy Kid, which he hoped to turn into a book. Jeff worked on the book for six years before publishing it online on Funbrain.com in daily installments. To date, the online version of Diary of a Wimpy Kid has more than 80 million visits, and is typically read by more than 70,000 kids a day.
In this book called Diary of a Wimpy Kid Greg Heffley is happy to have Rowley, his sidekick, along for the ride in middle school. But when Rowley’s star starts to rise, Greg tries to use his best friend’s newfound popularity to his own advantage, kicking off a chain of events that will test their friendship. In 2006, Jeff signed a multi-book deal with publisher Harry N. Abrams, Inc. to turn Diary of a Wimpy Kid into a print series. Diary of a Wimpy Kid was released in April 2007 and quickly became a New York Times bestseller, eventually reaching the #1 spot. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules was released in January 2008 and also became a #1 bestseller.

In conclusion, this book would be a pretty good book to read to yourself. If you read this book it grabes yourself in the first or second chapter. Then when you finish that whole book there are other books of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid. When you have read all the books then you can wait till another book of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I would recommend this book to the people to read this book.

Im 13 years old.