Tuck Everlasting | Teen Ink

Tuck Everlasting

April 2, 2014
By Rebecca McGraw BRONZE, Martins Ferry, Ohio
Rebecca McGraw BRONZE, Martins Ferry, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

What would you do if you had the chance to live forever? Would you take the chance or decline? How would you like to live through everything? To see your kid’s grandkids grow up. To see how society is changing. To live through major disasters that happens around you. To live FOREVER!

In Tuck Everlasting, Winifred Foster, also known as Winnie, is a young girl who is mainly trapped inside of a fence. Her parents forbid that she steps outside the iron fence. One day, she disobeyed her parents and took a walk in the Wood. She passed a tree and there was a teenage boy drinking from a spring by the tree. By this time, Winnie was thirsty so, she asked to have a drink. Without thought the young boy shouted no.
They started to argue and then Winnie finally gave up. She didn’t know why he wouldn’t allow her, but she dropped the subject. Jesse, the young boy, and his family have a huge secret. Nobody knew about their secret, but Winnie ended up finding out from Jesse when he asks a ten year old girl to marry him when she’s seventeen. He tells her the secret and then she is offered to live forever. I am going to stop before I give too much away.
In my opinion, Tuck Everlasting is a wonderful book. Natalie Babbitt did a great job writing this book. Tuck Everlasting is a very well written book and I recommend reading sooner or later. There were some dull parts in a couple places but once you read the whole book beginning to end, it all came together. All in all, it was a really great book!
In conclusion, Tuck Everlasting is a great book. It talks about a girl falling in love with a seventeen year old boy who has a major secret. No one knows what the boy’s secret is and why he won’t let Winnie drink from the spring in front of the giant tree. In the end, they don’t quite get the happily ever after but you can read the book to understand. Natalie Babbitt did a great job writing this book. If you read the book Tuck Everlasting, I hope you enjoy!