Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson | Teen Ink

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson

March 9, 2014
By P.G0417 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
P.G0417 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

James Patterson, one of the bestselling writers according to New York Times and many other sources,wrote a love story with an irresistible twist. Published in 2008, “Sundays at Tiffany’s,” is a story that will stay with you forever. Jane, the main character, is a lonely eight year old girl that grows up with her best friend; however, he is invisible and his name is Michael. Every morning Michael waits for Jane to head down stairs so he can walk her to school; however, on Janes ninth birthday he must sadly go, for it is apart of being an imaginary friend.Michael tells her that she will slowly forget him.
Years later, Jane is working for her mother Vivienna, a powerful Broadway producer, and is producing a production called Thank Heaven. Thank Heaven is not just an idea that formed over night, but a play that is based on Jane as a little girl. She never forgot about Michael in fact, she remembers all the Sundays at St. Regis. Jane getting Hot fudge over coffee ice cream and Michael getting melon balls on top of his lemon sherbert ice cream. She even remembers The-Jane-and-Michael-game and how to play it.
Furthermore, her boyfriend Hugh, an extremely good actor, wants to play the role of Michael and Vivienna wants him to ,too, but Jane totally disagrees. After Hugh leaving Jane stranded and walking home, she goes to St. Regis. While sitting down she looks around and sees a very familiar face. The man is handsome, comforting, and overall perfect , his name is Michael.
All in all, Michael and Jane fall in love while on vacation , but Michael gets a sense that Jane is going to die that is why fate brought him back to her. He immediately leaves without warning Jane . Jane is devastated that Michael left her again with no heads up. A few days pass by and again he gets a sense. He starts running as fast as he can to the hospital and notices that it is not Jane who is in the hospital, but it is Vivienna. In the end, Jane and Michael do not live a happily ever after , but they are pretty close to it . Having two kids, they all as a family go to St. Regis every Sunday to eat ice cream . Sometime they think about playing The-Jane-and-Michael-game.

Moreover, readers looking for a romantic escape will enjoy this book. I would recommend this book to my friends because there is a little bit of everything in it. For instance, there is suspense, thrill, romance, etc. Sundays at Tiffany’s is a story where love conquers all, “love means never having to be apart;” however, Michael and Jane were not apart. They always had each other in their hearts.