Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I will be honest: I wanted to read this book because Lauren Graham, who played Lorelai on “Gilmore Girls,” wrote it. I have watched her on television and in movies for as long as I can remember, but had no idea she was a writer. I was quickly engrossed in this story of the ups and downs of the New York acting world.

Someday, Someday, Maybe is the story of Franny Banks, a struggling actress in New York City, with just six months left of the three-year deadline she gave herself to succeed. So far, all she has to show for her efforts are an ad for ugly Christmas sweaters and a degrading waitressing job.

Life is heavy. Literature is heavy. Yet, this book is a light and incredibly fun read. I could not have been happier I picked up this book.

This is chick lit at its finest: an uplifting story of what it takes to achieve your heart’s desires. Graham writes with passion, soul, and honesty – not to mention, she’s hilarious.

If you are a fan of Lauren Graham the actress, be prepared to be a fan of Lauren Graham the author. Someday, Someday, Maybe received a Goodreads Choice Award nomination for Best Fiction in 2013, and a TV adaptation is planned. I’m looking forward to another book by Graham; one will be released someday, someday maybe.

CNBono17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 12 at 9:16 am
Very well done! You do a good job of advertising the book, you come from an interesting angle, and manage to capture the essence of the book (I think; I haven't read it) without giving anything away. It's well-written, well-described, and you did a fantastic job!

CristelSnow4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 11 at 9:57 pm
oh wow i enjoyed reading this article very much. its very insightfull and passionate. From reading this, i am given the impresion of how pationate you are about this subject and you express your feelings about it in a well written manner with excellent choice of words. This is very austounding and it even makes me want to read the book. nice job writting this article.

Dream2000 said...
Dec. 11 at 9:25 pm
I loved this review! It makes me want to read the book. I actually might if I can. Keep  writing!

Shadow_Wolf said...
Mar. 8 at 9:50 am
Well Done, this entry tells us a great deal about the book, without giving away the details... :D

PrometheanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 8 at 9:47 am
I am confused if this a poem. it seems like article and ITS awesome.

Nintendude said...
Mar. 7 at 4:30 pm
DATS BEAUUUUUUUUUUUUTIFUL!

Paradisaically This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 7 at 4:30 pm
I really like this!!  I love where you said "Literature is heavy."  Nice job (: