Allegiant by Veronica Roth | Teen Ink

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

By maddiemih BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
maddiemih BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

Have you ever had that book that when you finish reading, you feel like you have a hole of emotion inside of you? The feeling of loss overcomes you. Everyone else is continuing their lives while you are sitting there just recovering from a traumatic experience at the hand of a paperback. Almost every emotion you can think of is going through you. How can life continue when you feel so empty inside? Allegiant is one of those books. The entire time I was reading it, I was on the edge of my seat not wanting to put it down. For this book Veronica Roth tells the story from both Tris and Tobias’s point of view. She lets us view the emotional pain of both characters as they face this unknown world. This book starts with a plot twist, the characters have just learned that they are an experiment. That was a very interesting turn in the story, but the part that made me just love this book was the end. Veronica Roth goes where most authors dare not go. I’m glad she ended the series the way she did it showed how even when things may seem sad, life is still good.