Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card | Teen Ink

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

February 5, 2014
By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
293 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"So many books, so little time"


Sometimes we like to forget about the real world and live in a game for a few hours. In the game we can be anyone we want; a princess, a lawyer, even a killer. Yet once the game is over you get to go back being you. Maybe you’re just a kid with a boring life, and not much to you. Yet in that game you were something big, powerful, people were scared of the game you. This is what Ender experience,
Ender was a Third (meaning the third child born) and in his world Thirds were against the law. For this Ender got bullied, push around, and made fun of by his class mates and his older brother Peter. Yet he stuck through it because of the monitor. The monitor a camera that is attached to the back of your neck to see whether you’re worthy or not to go into Battle School. Battle School is a school that trains children to become commanders in war against an alliance spices called the Buggers. Ender at age six was worthy (unlike his brother and sister) and got ship off to Battle School. Yet Ender was not like other children. He was smarter, faster, and a killer at heart. He was The One; The One that was going to win the war for the humans.
This book was set out to make you think. It made you not love Ender, but not hates him either. There was too much bad in him yet too much good also. This book play mind games on you; making you thing twice about the word ‘children’ and ‘childhood’. This is a unique book that takes a new aspect on war, children and what’s it means to be a leader like Ender.
Orson Card writing is good; he defiantly got the sci-fi writing skills. This is one of a kind book. Ender’s Game is the first book in The Ender Quintet series. There are four other books plus a 0.5, 1.5, 1.6 book. There is also another series called Ender’s Shadow with five books in it talking about the people Ender left behind; with book on being about the origins of Bean. Ender’s Game also came to life as on November 1, 2013 it hit the big screens as a movie. Ender’s Game is not for the faint-hearted, and if you are willing to look at war and children a different way; than this book is for you.