Redemption by Karen Kingsbury

Looking for an emotional, exciting, intense book? Check out the book Redemption by Karen Kingsbury! It was published July 8, 2002 by Tyndale House Publishers and has been changing lives ever since. It is a gripping, fictional story about a woman named Kari. She receives an unusual, anonymous call that reveals an astonishing secret about her husband. Unsure of herself, Kari can either believe that the caller was lying or that he wasn't. Her decision will change the course of her future, especially her marriage, forever.

Karen Kingsbury brings a Christian perspective to a marriage broken by an affair, which an unfortunately common issue these days. She is very passionate about her writing and her fans. You can connect with her in multiple ways that she mentions on her website. Karen is also a public speaker and has reached more than 100,00 women. She calls Nashville, Tennessee her home and is mother of six children, five of which are boys. Three of her boys were adopted from Haiti and she reflects this in a few of her novels. Family is a large part of her life. Karen and her husband Don have been happily married since 1988 and has set a wonderful example for her family and her readers.

As the title suggests, Redemption is a story about a journey of redeeming something, or bringing it back to good standings. In this case, it's a marriage that, even by Biblical standards, seems worth ending. Kari Baxter Jacobs gets a phone call saying that her husband, Tim, is having an affair, with one of his journalism students nonetheless. Kari's heart is shattered. However, she and her family have a strong Christian faith and that leads Kari to the conclusion that her marriage needs to be fixed, not ended. Of course, her husband would have to agree to therapy and moving on from his seductive student, Angela. He doesn't seem to willing. In fact he files for a divorce so that he can guiltlessly move in with Angela. Along the way, Kari's first love, Ryan Taylor moves back to town and captures Kari's heart. He, too, is a man of faith, but seems to be letting his desire get in the way of Kari's attempt of healing her marriage. Can Kari and Tim manage to ignore the open arms of Ryan and Angela, all the while avoiding the danger provided by Angela's crazed ex-boyfriend? It seems doubtful.

I recommend Redemption fully! It is a great read for three reasons: emotion, suspense, and a strong female lead. The emotion that fills this book is extremely powerful. As you walk with Kari and Tim through this stressful, heartbreaking time, you are given a poignant display of simultaneous love, sorrow, regret, and confusion. As the hearts of the characters break, so does yours. Don't take it for a sappy love story though. The suspense keeps you riveted. It causes you to want to rush ahead and see what happens. The danger that Angela's deranged ex-boyfriend presents is unknown to Kari and Tim, so you are in constant fear that someone will get hurt. The sum of the temptation, determination, and chaos creates exciting anticipation. Finally, one of the best parts is the perseverance and strength of Kari. She displays all of the qualities of a strong leader and gives girl readers a boost of confidence in the power of females. Overall, there is nothing that can be said against Redemption.

LillyZ83This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 11 at 8:43 pm:
Sounds Great! I'll have to check it out! I'm currently reading her book "Fifteen Minutes" and that's a really good one too...

BLC2016 replied...
yesterday at 6:14 pm :
I saw that one in my church library, but I haven't read it yet. I should! And just to let you know, this is the first of five books in this series, but there are four other connecting series... I recommend those too!

LillyZ83This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 10:03 am :
Well I guess I'll have to go find it at my local library!