Ready Player One by Ernest Cline This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Imagine a world devastated by lack of resources and a failed economy. A world built for the rich and a prison for the poor.

Imagine a world with a chance to escape to unreality, to hope, to comfort - a chance to escape to a virtual utopia.

In other words? “Ready Player One” by Ernest Cline.

Wade Watts, our protagonist, seeks refuge from his unfortunate reality by diving into the incredible realm of OASIS, an online simulation game used by everyone and created by the famous James Halliday.

Except James Halliday has died, and he’s left his entire fortune to anyone who can solve the mysterious puzzle he’s integrated into OASIS.

Wade, along with almost every person in the world, frantically embarks upon the journey James Halliday has instigated, known as the Hunt. But all is not fun and games. Wade runs into obstacles at every turn, from simple competition to fatal threats. Who will collect the three keys hidden in OASIS and ultimately collect Halliday’s fortune?

When my teacher casually recommended “Ready Player One,” I shrugged indifferently and tossed the book into my backpack, where it gathered dust next to my math textbook. One day, bored of Youtube videos and desperate for anything to aid me in my procrastination against the dangerously high mountain of homework growing on my desk, I decided to flip through the novel.

I entered a world I never thought I could imagine. Clinging onto every word Ernest Cline so skillfully crafted, I read chapter after chapter in desperate anticipation. The book allowed me to escape from reality and put my imagination to the test.

“Ready Player One” was an OASIS of its own, with all the characteristics representative of a fantastic novel: action, adventure, friendship, romance, mystery, and more. I encourage anyone and everyone to dive into the amazing world of "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline.