The Outsiders | Teen Ink

The Outsiders

Book Review Outline
Book title and author: The Outsiders. By: SE Hinton.
Title of review: The Outsiders.
Number of stars (1 to 5): 5 stars

Introduction
I just finished reading The Outsiders. It was pretty good. I’ve heard about the book before, but I didn’t know how good it is. It is a REALLY good book.
I thought about picking it up to actually read before, but I never did. But I’m glad I did now.

Description and summary of main points
It’s about this gang called the Greasers. There are 6 main people: Johnny, Ponyboy, Dally, Darry, Two-bit, and Soda. They always fight with this other gang called the Socs. Socs are kind of more rich, stuck up, and a little more cleaners then the Greasers. The Greasers are all really good friends. Darry, Ponyboy, and Soda are brothers. They end up getting in a big fight with the Socs because something happened that was kind of an accident. But Johnny and Ponyboy end up running away and then things get worse. Johnny gets badly hurt.

Evaluation
There are a lot of emotional moments in the book that will most likely make you cry. They did to me. It’s not everyday average teenagers go through the stuff that they do. Some of the characters have a really funny personality/attitude. It made me laugh.

Conclusion
The Outsiders is an extremely good book. I totally recommend it. I truly thought it wasn’t going to be that good, but it was.

Your final review
***** 5 Stars.

Pinkslip BRONZE, GreasersRule, Oklahoma

"Parents aren't interested in justice, but peace and quiet,"
-Bill Cosby

Haha me TOO!! I am in love with this book and movie and Johnny!!! :)

PHO_izzle said...
this book is great ! just finished reading it . i also thought the book was horrable , until i actually read it . verrrry sad story .