Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Lavithen This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Better get ready for the flaming and hate mail. I did not like Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Actually let me rephrase that: I didn't like it as much as John Green and David Levithan's other works. Don't get me wrong, when I heard this book was written by two of my favorite authors, I got instantly hooked. And when I heard the premise, I wanted to shout bravo to them.

In the suburbs of Chicago, lives two teenage boys named Will Grayson (and for the sake of typing, one is gonna be 'Will Grayson' and the other 'will grayson'). Will Grayson is a straight teenage boy that has a fat best friend that's gay named Tiny, while will grayson is a depressive teenager who's in the closet from his mother and entire school. By chance, both of them meet one night and their lives change as they help Tiny with the premiere of a musical at Will's school.

When I heard the premise of this, I was expecting the book to be about Will Grayson and will grayson talking to one another about their problems, fixing each others faults and problems. I was expecting one Will to learn from the other, like the Colonel and Pudge in Looking for Alaska or A and Rhiannon from everyday.

But instead, they literally see each other face-to-face two times in the novel and that's it. Wouldn't it have been interesting if the book was about them learning their faults from the other, or even if Will Grayson was helping will grayson with his depression and closeted life? Instead, it centers on them just noticing each other once and about their love lives. I was really expecting more.

Alright, I've bashed it enough, do I hate it? Not really.

I do like the characters in it. I love Will Grayson and how he has to deal with his best friends and with his own love life. And I especially love the other will grayson as he walks out of the closet and starts to see the silver lining in his depression, that, and I really love the message this books gives off on not just homosexuality, but love in general. And do I even have to talk about the pacing and writing style in this?

What's the verdict on this? Out of all the books made by both John Green and David Levithan, this one has to be the least good. It nearly works. While I was expecting more development between Will Grayson and will grayson, I can't deny a lot of work was put into Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Is it a book I'd personally read again? No, but I'm glad I read it.

But that's just my opinion, go form your own!