The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Perks of Being Wallflower is an epic novel for any generation. After reading it three times, I am still deeply moved. This is a great coming-of-age story, perhaps as memorable as The Catcher in the Rye.

Charlie reaches out through letters that take you into his life. You find yourself recognizing what he is going through, and it opens your eyes and makes you realize you are not alone, no matter what.

In this novel, you will fall in love with the characters as they remind you of your friends. I think everyone should read this book because, like Charlie, we are all on a quest to find ourselves.

This brilliant first novel captures the reader’s mind. From when Charlie first realizes he is in love, to the times that he is infinite, and the moments he is in tears, Chbosky never fails to promise the reader something good. Something beautiful. Something infinite.

alex9426 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is a great review. now i'm gonna have to go out and find it cuz i wanna read it

charzard said...
OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! I thought I was the only one that knew this book existed!! Great review!

pap3rxh3art said...
i love love love this book! <3 :]

taylor M. said...
OMG!!!this was one of the best books i have ever read.ilove this book=)

steph56 said...
Great review!

IamAwallFlower said...
This is wonderful! It is one of my favorite books, I have read it five times! I love it!

Also, you wrote about it really well!

Ohlene914 said...
This book is really amazing, it actually shows what we really go through in High school.

artofthedeath said...
i thoroughly enjoyed that novel. It was one of my favorites. Still is. I agree with you. Except, I read it when I was still "new" or "ignorant" to the stufff that goes on in life. It was a learning experience for me. Changed my life. I still hold it dear. It's one of the books that I would hesitate letting my friends borrow.

kdbug09 said...
i love this book. me and my sister were the first to hear of it in the town i live in and we made all our friends read it. its so compelling and addicting. its in my top 5 faves.