The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Perks of Being Wallflower is an epic novel for any generation. After reading it three times, I am still deeply moved. This is a great coming-of-age story, perhaps as memorable as The Catcher in the Rye.

Charlie reaches out through letters that take you into his life. You find yourself recognizing what he is going through, and it opens your eyes and makes you realize you are not alone, no matter what.

In this novel, you will fall in love with the characters as they remind you of your friends. I think everyone should read this book because, like Charlie, we are all on a quest to find ourselves.

This brilliant first novel captures the reader’s mind. From when Charlie first realizes he is in love, to the times that he is infinite, and the moments he is in tears, Chbosky never fails to promise the reader something good. Something beautiful. Something infinite.

ticktickboom said...
Beautiful book. I was skeptical at first. Nothing could rival the blunt charm of holden caulfield right? In this book, Chbosky artfully recreates the fear of growing up, nostalgia for the past, and the difficulty, yet neccesity, of assuming the responsabilities that come with age. Yeah, so he is no Holden, but he is pretty darn close

nohreen said...
Apr. 11, 2011 at 3:18 am:
I super love this book!!! 

forevergirl8080 said...
Feb. 16, 2011 at 10:11 am:
I absolutely LOVE this book. I found it one day while waiting for my parents to pick me up from the library, and I fell in love with it.

izzyrox1010 said...
this is my favorite book in the entire world. period.

Aly_Marie said...
I just LOVE this book !! An amazing novel :)

SickImage said...
Oct. 29, 2010 at 12:15 am:
My favorite book. I read it constantly and never get sick of it. So Wonderful!!

Spazzmine said...
Oct. 7, 2010 at 3:35 am:
I read that book.It was amazing<3

swimster23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
ver good book. I wasn't totally satisfied with your article though, because it never goes into depth about the story.  Try making it longer! :)

eternalsunset This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Perks is my ALL TIME favorite book. there's nothing as honestly beautiful out there. I wish Chbosky would write more.

M.W.M. said...
Jul. 11, 2010 at 10:18 am:

i LOVE this book. books like these are the only books i like reading more than once for fun. they're also the only books that I can be reading and reading, and forget about the fact that I'm reading a book, because I'm just so submerged into the story.

It reminded me very much of my all time favorite The Catcher in the Rye.

trblue said...
May 6, 2010 at 11:57 am:
this book was on my BN list then i took it off. this entry has moved me so mucyh that ist's back on my list. if this is not a graet book i'm coming back and putting u all on blast.

charzard said...
May 6, 2010 at 9:32 am:
i love book! i was given it as a gift for a coming of age thingy. great book.

Olivea said...
I was very excited to read this book, but found it rather dissapointing. It was difficult to follow and the ending seemed to be disconnected from the rest of the novel.

skywtchng said...
didnt this book come out like five years ago or somethin...a little bit of a delay in the review but yeah still...best book ive read in a long long time

ItsAFunnyStoryActually said...
Mar. 18, 2010 at 5:48 pm:
I always wanted to read this book, now I want to read it even more. Great review!

ChevelleNichole<3 said...
Mar. 17, 2010 at 12:06 pm:
great review. this book is seriously one of the most amazing books i have ever read, and i read A LOT. hah. i would reccomend this book to anyone and everyone. if you havent read it, go right now and read it. seriously. now. :D

rayj095 said...
Mar. 16, 2010 at 5:02 pm:
Very,very good book. It explains what really happens in highschool.

alex9426 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 1, 2010 at 7:32 pm:
really good review, but i didn't like the book as much as you i think. yes it offers some great insight into high school life, but not my kind of book at all. but i liked this review and the insight it gave (and i think i overused the word insight, but oh well)

Dandelion said...
Feb. 7, 2010 at 10:11 am:
A wonderful review for a wonderful book! I must admit, though, that I was a bit too young when I read it.

jacks_sally said...
I loove this book, great review for a great book!