The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Perks of Being Wallflower is an epic novel for any generation. After reading it three times, I am still deeply moved. This is a great coming-of-age story, perhaps as memorable as The Catcher in the Rye.

Charlie reaches out through letters that take you into his life. You find yourself recognizing what he is going through, and it opens your eyes and makes you realize you are not alone, no matter what.

In this novel, you will fall in love with the characters as they remind you of your friends. I think everyone should read this book because, like Charlie, we are all on a quest to find ourselves.

This brilliant first novel captures the reader’s mind. From when Charlie first realizes he is in love, to the times that he is infinite, and the moments he is in tears, Chbosky never fails to promise the reader something good. Something beautiful. Something infinite.

laurenevansokThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 9, 2013 at 7:01 am
I am THRILLED to read this review, I am planning on writing my own review also; it's my favourite book ever written! I hope I can conquer such a fantastic review as this. 

AshelyDawnn said...
Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:48 am
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky It was a really good book. 4.5 Star Rating   Introduction This book is about a boy named Charlie who is practically mentally unstable. He keeps remembering back to the past of when he was a young boy and his aunt passed away. He blamed himself for the incident. When he arrives back home from a mental institute, he begins typing to an unknown friend. He has no frie... (more »)

Dolly9471 said...
Now that I have read this, I think that I will try to read this novel!!!

ArtistsOworld said...
Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:45 am
Hmmmmmmmmmm, i have heard about this book. i think ill read it before the movie comes out.

KenKenForeverz said...
I've read this book twice. And I love it so much. I can't wait until the movie!

Lacer said...
You obviously really do love this book, and you cover the motional impact of it well, but how about a premise? Some people don't know that this book is about a "Socially awkward freshman who feels insecure and is writing letters anonymously to get out all of his feelings."

The_Adventurer said...
Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:22 am
I fell in love with this book after Charlie's first letter. The point of view is beautiful and Charlie's character is relateable for almost anyone. This review is a great summary of what makes this book so connectable and memorable.

otherpoet said...
Mar. 18, 2012 at 12:23 am
I've heard a lot about this book, but your review makes me want to go out and read it! You give just enough away to leave it intrigueing, yet interesting. Great writing!

reader said...
The characters are so messed up and yes, that does reflect real life, but instead of any kind of redemption, the book ends with the attitude that there's nothing to do with our messed up lives except accept it. It left me with a hangover feeling with no comfort in sight.

Lacer replied...
Not true; the redemption of it was that Charlie always stayed at the sidelines, never actively participating in the world around him. He did drugs, hung out after school with a small group of friends that never grew. The ending was his way of saying he was going to start investing himself into the world around him and actively take in his reality. Its not about fixing your reality, its about finding it first.

FerwaForever said...
haha i JUST finish reading that like an hour ago! It was such a good book i loved it, and i'm really trying to get my parents to buy it for me 9check it out from library) it's SO good i highly reccommend people reading this 5/5 stars

ThatGirlOverthere said...

Well actualy I just found out that my poem isn't being displayed (though I can see it when I check my account) So please go to TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/372909/that-non-feeling/  and post your comment, no matter what you have to say; just give me some feedback!  :)

ThatGirlOverthere said...
Oct. 16, 2011 at 10:47 am

Well actually I just found out (by doing logout) that this poem of mine isn't displayed. Strange, hã? Ever happened to anyone? I receveid a e-mail confirmating that it was published on the site, and I can see it when I access my account. Either way, there it is: TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/372909/that-non-feeling/

Hope you like it! Leave a comment  :)

ThatGirlOverthere said...
Oct. 16, 2011 at 6:28 am

OMG, this is such a funny coincidence! You see, this week I posted a poem here that I wrote, inspired by a passage of this book.

I discouvered a sentence online about not wanting to feel. Just afterwords I found out that it belonged to 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower'.

It's was amazing since I was the first time ever I saw that emotion being described. Although my poem is very simple, I would love if you guys read it, since some of you already r... (more »)

RockGirl182This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I read The Perks Of Being A Wallflower in about six hours. Great book, maybe not my favorite but once you start you can't put it down until the last page :) 

ohmakemeover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like your review because it is just neat enough to completely sum up the experience of the novel.  If I wrote a review, it would be one word: infinite.

HaleyDRog. said...
I am inlove with this book. By far, one of the best books I have ever read! Keep bringing it Chbosky! 

sammyjanee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
By far, my favorite novel. Great review, everyone should read the book.

ilovewriting95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great article and it sounds like a great book! Thanks for sharing your opinion about this book and I will definitely add this book to my list of books that I will read over the summer. :)

journalist_NY said...

this is my favorite book.

so honest and beautiful. :)

I think the author really wrote from the heart which made it even more interesting to read.