Gossip Girl | Teen Ink

Gossip Girl

October 31, 2008
By Anonymous

This book is a surprising adventure into realistic fiction. There are parts where you will be amazed at how the story flow changes and there will be parts where you will just think ‘oh I knew that was going to happen’. Gossip Girl is about high school seniors in New York. They go to Constance which is an all girls school in New York.
There’s Blair Waldorf who has now become the most popular girl since her old best friend, Serena Van Der Woodsen, left for boarding school. Blair has gotten new best friends now, Kati and Isabelle. There is also Blair’s boyfriend, Nate, who shares a few private secrets with Serena. Jenny and Dan are the official Serena adorers and they are brother and sister. Vanessa loves to make films and wear black. Blair’s mom also has a boyfriend name Chuck who creates a couple problems as you will find out about when you read the book.
This out of the ordinary book is mostly about Serena coming back from boarding school and the rumors flying around Constance and Nate’s all boys’ school. An upcoming party that is organized by Blair, Kati, and Isabelle becomes a problem for everyone. Nate keeps getting worried his secret with Serena is out. What happens when Blair decides she doesn’t want to be Serena’s friend? All of this is in Gossip Girl.
This happens in life a lot, but in different ways. Sometimes you will be best friends with someone and when you come back from summer vacation, you’re not their friend anymore. I have had this happen. It is usually based on peer pressure though. There will always be secrets, no matter how old you are and you will always be afraid of them spilling out into the world. The author did a really nice job of writing. She moves from one characters perspective to another one. It doesn’t confuse you though. You always understand what character it is. Another book I read switched characters almost every page and you never knew which character it was. This was much better. I would give this book a 4 out of 5. It was a good book, but it had some inappropriate parts and some parts felt rushed. Every once in a while it also seemed like there were extra words, meaning there were sentences the author did not need to put into the book. But it was nice writing and had a good flow.
I enjoyed this book. Around the middle of the book I got really hooked into it. It felt as if a fish hook had come out of the book and sucked me in. I would say this book is for ages 12 , but no younger. It might be more for girls, but anyone could read it. It has bad language and sexual things in the book. All in all, this is a wonderful book to read for fun. I hope you enjoy it.