I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You | Teen Ink

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You

October 31, 2008
By Anonymous

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You
Ally Carter

Genre: Realistic Fiction
Star Rating: ****
The book was very interesting. It really did a good job of putting emotions into words. I felt as if I were watching the story happen in parts of the book. In the beginning the main character, Cammie (Cameron), describes that she goes to Gallagher Academy, a school for girl spies. I felt as if I really knew where and how the school was laid out. Cammie really likes this one guy named Josh, but their relationship would be hard to keep because people who don't go to Gallagher Academy just think it is a school for rich and smart snobs. If Cammie could keep the relationship with Josh she would have to tell many lies. Could she do it? While trying to impress Josh she was also trying to do well in school. She had a new class as a tenth grader called Covert Operations. Covert Operations was a class that took spies out into the real world. Cammie struggled in this very difficult class. Cammie had to do well in school for her sake and because her mom was the principal of Gallagher Academy.
This book relates to other books that I've read because in many books a girl doesn't feel very good about herself, then she meets a guy and it takes her a while to start really liking him, but then everything ends up in a happy ending. One of the books that is sort of like this one is Princess From Another Planet by Mindy Schanback.
Ally Carter did a very nice job writing this book. She wrote descriptively about the characters, setting, and made the plot very clear. She wrote the book in a way that was very fun and easy to read.
I did enjoy this book because of all of the interesting and funny descriptions of the characters and setting. I only gave it a four star rating because it was sort of cheesy in the way that she described how girls were only into themselves and how they looked. If you want a fun and easy read I recommend I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You.