Vampirates Demons of the Ocean by Justin Somper | Teen Ink

Vampirates Demons of the Ocean by Justin Somper

By tmclark PLATINUM, Hedgesville, West Virginia
tmclark PLATINUM, Hedgesville, West Virginia

My Book Review
Book title and author: Vampirates Demons of the Ocean by: Justin Somper.
Title of review: My Review of Vampirates Demons of the Ocean.
Number of stars (1 to 5): 4

This story is about the Tempest twins, Connor and Grace, who, with their father’s death set off in their father’s old boat to find their new lives. They head into a storm while going up the coast, however. After nearly drowning, Connor is rescued by a ship of pirates. Where he is rescued is a dream compared to where Grace is. She was rescued by the Vampirates, which are a hoard of creatures their dad use to sing to them about. They are dangerous, though.
The twins used to live in the lighthouse in Crescent Moon Bay in the 26th century. The bank took away everything they owned after their father died, and they didn’t want to live with town banker or go to the orphanage. That is when they stole their father’s boat. A storm wrecked the boat and both twins were rescued. While Connor becomes a pirate prodigy, his sister could become a meal for a ship of vampires!
As for how good the book was, I have to say, I didn’t feel as engaged to it as I should have. What the book, mainly provides is mystery which isn’t to my liking as much as action. In general, the book did achieve its purpose. It did provide an interesting storyline, plot, characters, places and details. It wasn’t perfect, but I did enjoy it, overall.

My thoughts of this story are that this story is a great action/ adventure with a great amount of mystery. It can be enjoyed by just about everyone. It is an excellent mix of pirates, monsters and magic. I love this book, and I would think my friends would like it.