The Fault in Our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

January 16, 2014
By tmclark PLATINUM, Hedgesville, West Virginia
tmclark PLATINUM, Hedgesville, West Virginia
37 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Introduction
The Fault in Our Stars is a book about a young girl with cancer and falls in love with a boy when a tragedy happens. I think the author’s purpose in this book was to give a real life example and show other point of views of people and to give real life advice and thoughts on how to handle grief and pain and how to stay positive. The Fault in Our Stars is a book that shows you to never give up and don’t fear death no matter how close it may be and finding true love is possible.
Description and summary of content
This book is about a girl named Hazel who is diagnosed with lung cancer. While at a study group she meets her true love, her and this boy go places and have a romantic love together after the finally admit they they’re in love. Through this you have to keep in mind they both struggle with cancer and the fact that their death could happen at any second, they have to learn to stay fearless. Augustus Waters, the boy of her dreams, have a very dramatic experience and leaves Hazel Grace in great grief, but you’ll have to read to find out what happens!
Evaluation
This book is one of the best, romantic books, and I would recommend reading it! The Fault in Our Stars is New York Time’s number one best seller, and has infinite amount of good reviews. John Green has other great books, and is a very intelligence author, who includes several inspiring quotes throughout his writing! For example, the quote, “That’s the thing about pain, it demands to be felt,” is a quote of John Green in The Fault in Our Stars.
Conclusion
The Fault in Our Stars is a marvelous book and I loved it all! It teaches several life experiences that are very possible to happen to you. It teaches how to be brave and not fear death no matter how close you are to it. Also it shows you how to stay strong and be positive about things and to never just give up no matter how hard things get! It teaches you that it isn’t impossible to find someone that truly loves you, that true love isn’t a myth. Also it shows you how to deal with grief and pain and try hard to let go of the past.