Lord of the Flies by William Golding | Teen Ink

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

January 14, 2014
By Anonymous

Lord of the Flies book review
Lord of the Flies is a fiction book written by William Golding. Lord of the Flies is the most famous book that William Golding wrote. The books main objective of the story is to get off the island.


The book takes place on a deserted island during World War II. The main characters are Ralph, Piggy, Jack and Simon. It is about a bunch of schoolboys whose plane crashed in the ocean and float to a deserted island where they get stranded with no adults.


I thought the book was good overall. But the things I didn’t like was how they didn’t say how they got on the island and about the plane crash until later. Also I did not like that it does not say what the beast was. I would recommend the book to other readers because it is a compelling story that keeps your attention. It was interesting that they created their own war during World War II.

In this book review I talk about how Lord of the Flies is William Golding’s most famous book which is about a bunch schoolboys stranded on a deserted island during World War II. I thought this book was interesting and I would recommend this book to others.