Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

October 27, 2008
By Anonymous

Twilight is an amazing love story about Edward Cullen, a vampire and Bella Swan a human girl. It's hard for Edward not to kill her because she's prey and of her sent. This book is about how they make it through.
Twilight, the first book of the amazing series by Stephenie Meyer is going to be a major motion picture. The movie should come out around November 21st, 2008.
The Hachette Book Group estimates 1.3 million copies were sold on Saturday after being released at 12:01 a.m. It was its largest first-day sales record! In anticipation of demand, an additional 500,000 copies were printed before publication, bringing the total to 3.7 million copies! The book first came out around 2005, and now people have made ‘Teams' for their favorite characters. As sad as this sounds, the book Breaking Dawn may be her last book in the series. But rumor has it that Midnight Sun is coming out with a whole new series in Edward's Point View of Twilight. This info is found at the official website of Stephenie Meyer http://stepheniemeyer.com/. She has made another book since the world obsession of Twilight, her new book is called The Host it came out May 2008. Stephenie has been on the CBS Today Show, explaining the Twilight series and other projects.
I have read Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and the newest book I have begun is Breaking Dawn. There are 39 chapters, but it is so worth it! I have never liked reading as much as I do now. I didn't aspect to be so into a book before. Stephenie Meyer has helped me in many ways; I will never look at a book or reading the same way again. Twilight made my imagination run wild with every twist and turn. I am so pleased with the word choice and the visual movie I can see playing when I read the book. These are Stephenie's own words about her bestseller Twilight:
“I know the exact date that I began writing Twilight, because it was also the first day of swim lessons for my kids. So I can say with certainty that it all started on June 2, 2003. Up to this point, I had not written anything besides a few chapters (of other stories) that I never got very far on, and nothing at all since the birth of my first son, six years earlier.
I woke up (on that June 2nd) from a very vivid dream. In my dream, two people were having an intense conversation in a meadow in the woods. One of these people was just your average girl. The other person was fantastically beautiful, sparkly, and a vampire. They were discussing the difficulties inherent in the facts that A) they were falling in love with each other while B) the vampire was particularly attracted to the scent of her blood, and was having a difficult time restraining himself from killing her immediately. For what is essentially a transcript of my dream, please see Chapter 13 ("Confessions") of the book.”
It's amazing how she came up with all that from a dream. She was a soccer Mom like any other, then this dream. The final trailer for the motion picture is now out for the world to see. Everyone is very excited about the hard work and effort that they put into this movie and the book. I would like to thank all the people that made Twilight a major success!!