The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

By evansj BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
evansj BRONZE, Newark, Delaware

Everyone has their own ideas or visions of the future, including myself, but Suzanne Collins completely changed that. Everyone thinks of the future with robots and flying cars and life being easier. In The Hunger Games, the future is a disaster. The country is in ruins and everyone is desperate for everything. There are twelve districts run by the capital city, which has the wealthiest people. The other districts are basically left with nothing. Every year, they have an annual hunger games where a boy and a girl from each district are chosen to fight to the death. The winner is given a house in the capitol city and all the money they could imagine.

The book was written from Katniss Everdeen’s point of view. She is chosen to participate in the annual hunger games. The author really pulls you in with all of her descriptions. You feel like you are really living this and you don’t want to put the book down. You feel what Katniss feels, and you see what she sees. Suzanne Collins gives you everything you need, you can hear, see, feel, smell, and taste. She really paints a picture for her readers and it’s amazing.

Before you know it the book is over and you don’t want it to be. You have so many questions left unanswered; although she left out nothing. A book like this just really gets you to think and you just want to know what happened to the characters. But don’t worry, there are two more books. Reading this book is like playing a movie in your head. You can just see everything. To help with that, a movie was made for The Hunger Games and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, the second book.