The Red Pony by By John Steinbeck | Teen Ink

The Red Pony by By John Steinbeck

By TWIN TWIN 43 BRONZE, BLUEFIELD, West Virginia
TWIN TWIN 43 BRONZE, BLUEFIELD, West Virginia

The story of the red pony is an American classic or an American novel. Most people say that it’s a life lesson book. The story starts with a boy in California in the 30’s named Jody who is a shy quiet type of boy that doesn’t talk as much and doesn’t have many friends. But there are more characters to the story such as Ms. Tifflin the mother, Mr. Tifflin the father and Billy Buck the farm hand, smasher the dog and mutt the other pet dog.
Description and summary of content
The first story is when Jody wanted a horse for his birth day and he tried his best to get a horse so his father and Billy buck went to the sheriff auction to buy the horse. When Jody came home from school at first he didn’t think that the horse was his until his father told him that it was his. Then Jody replied by saying not a word and I eyes wide open. The second story is when the Tiffin’s got a mail letter from Jody’s grandfather was coming. Jody’s father was upset because his father always tell the same story about him crossing the great mountains. The fourth story is about when the old Mexican man was mad that they were kicking him out the ranch he got mad and replied by I’m not leaving I’m dying her. Which meant that he wasn’t leaving and the only way he’s leaving is body bag
Evaluation
I didn’t think it was the best story out there. It was too long and boring and I almost fell asleep