Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

By Josh Pierce BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
Josh Pierce BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

I Would rate the book Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins an eight out of ten. The major protagonist of the novel is Katniss Everdeen and she is the whole key to the revolution. The major antagonist of the novel is the President Snow who is the leader and ruler of the capitol, the evil side of the revolution or that’s what the rebels want you to think. The novel starts out with Katniss in a bed after her second Hunger Games assuming the people who are reading this have read the other two books, the Hunger Games are one of the main reasons the whole revolution has started. So Katniss wakes up from a coma on a hovercraft that pulled her out of the arena, throughout the entire novel Katniss is the face of the revolution against the capitol. After the second Hunger Games President Snow took Peeta, Katniss’ partner in both Hunger Games. This book would appeal to the audience of teenagers. Some of the major events in this novel are when they get Peeta back from the capitol and when Katniss goes to see him he strangles her into unconsciousness, another major event is when katniss leads a team into district two so that they can cut off the capitols supply of troops and at the end they take over their major base called “The Nut”. Some of the key themes of the book are betrayal, revenge, and corruption and I think these are the major themes because they are all things that Katniss does and had to go through during the novel.