Guilty Wives by James Patterson | Teen Ink

Guilty Wives by James Patterson

Author James Patterson relays the horrifying story of a vacation gone bad in the novel Guilty Wives. Four women, Serena Schofield, Bryah Gordon, Winnie Brookes, and Abbie Eliot spend two days in Monté Carlo, France living it up. Late night parties and gambling, flirting with movie stars and relaxed, warm days tanning out by the pool. Then the unimaginable happens; they are accused of committing the foulest of crimes. Could these women really do it though? Serena, an amazon blonde and former U.S. Olympic skier, Bryah an intelligent beauty, Winnie the British runway model and average Abbie are the best of friends who just simply do not have luck, or anyone for that matter, on their side. What started out as a dream vacation quickly spirals into the worst nightmare leaving the women to fight for their lives. A trial date is set and the anticipation grows, it is a can’t miss moment as we wait to hear the future of the four women. This is a novel of hope, of betrayal and rooting for the underdogs as the women do their best to escape with their lives.
This story comes to life with Patterson’s amazing talent to write. The themes portrayed in this novel greatly reflect off our society today, how we hope for the best, hope that something good will come, and also the betrayal that too often occurs. It is truly a novel that will keep you on the edge leading you to believe in, and connect with, Abbie and all that she stands for. This novel will leave you heart-broken yet celebrating, like in the real world, nothing comes without a price and this novel concludes with the highest price of them all. A very successful book from the world’s number one bestselling author, it is a great place to start. It is well written and well planned so look out for the clues along the way!
The sun would be an excellent symbol of the main character Abbie Elliot and also the theme of hope depicted throughout the novel. The sun is commonly known for its symbolism of hope. Abbie fights with all she has and even when nothing is going her way she pushes forward to do what is right. When all is dark the sun finds a way to shine its light, even if that entails using the moon. Abbie finds a moon in her life and uses it to her full ability to prove the truth. Abbie herself is a symbol of hope, and the major idea that if you fight for what is right you can never lose.
This novel is an easy read and great for any women or young girls coming of age. It tells the story of a woman who fights for what is right and is inspiring to all women, telling them to step up when need be. She is selfless and unbreakable, a great role model for young women coming of age. It is a must read, five star, for anyone willing to pick up a book. With twists and turns this is the ultimate read that will keep you turning the pages. Exciting and suspenseful you will stay on the edge at all times unsuccessfully guessing at what is to come next. Rooting for Abbie as she battles on hoping that in some way everything will work out, but quit hoping and find out! What are you waiting for?