13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson | Teen Ink

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia

"So many books, so little time"

Everyone has that dream. The dream of going home packing up a bag and going to the airport. Take the first plane and leave. Tell no one and go ghost for a few weeks. Have everyone panicking and searching for you when you are sipping tea in a little café in some European country. Then you come back as a new person and resume your normal life. So yes Maureen you r ‘idea’ was not so original. Yet that was the story of Aunt Peg not the main girl Ginny. No Peg was the one who did this, leaving New York for Europe and not tell a sole. That’s why it came to a shock when Ginny found out he MIA Aunt died from cancer in Europe. But that wasn't the worst part. The worst was when she was sick; Peg wrote 13 letters to Ginny planning her trip to Europe. What do you do? Follow your crazy Aunts letters that lead you all across Europe or sit in the living room reading it like a story. Ginny did what every loving niece do. Packing up her bag Ginny set out following the letters.

Maureen tried her hardest to make this book interesting. Yet sometimes you just can’t. It’s a great book, a lovely travel books for us who like to read but can’t afford to travel. Some parts of it are confusing and you have a love/hate relationship with Peg. The boy Keith is a whole confusing to me. I get he’s attractive and all but really Ginny? None of those American boys are good enough you had to fall for a boy a whole ocean away? I would have loved it if they became best friends but in these book boys and girls cannot just simply be friends. It’s a great book so just keep pushing. It also has sequels which are always lovely. So pack your bags and get ready for Europe.