Antaeus by Borden Deal | Teen Ink

Antaeus by Borden Deal

By Mikimouse888 PLATINUM, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
Mikimouse888 PLATINUM, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

Life isn't about the storm it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Antaeus is about T.J who is from the south and he is a “stocky boy with a shock of white hair” and he’s talking to the other boys that live in the building about growing a garden on the roof. T.J gives the boys in the “gang” reasons why they should make a roof top garden. “We can raise us what we want to, watermelons and garden truck and no telling what all” he said. The boys were not really convinced at first because people or parents wouldn’t let them do it. But then the guys said no one will really care because no one will pay attention to it. They would keep it out of the way so the grown ups wouldn’t catch on to what they’re up to. T.J worked harder than the other guys did. One of the boys said “it was the first time in my life that spring and spring earth had meant anything to me.” Then the guys worked on the garden until it was finished. They nurtured the garden with care so it would grow right. But the men in suits stopped them in their tracks. The men where the guys that own the building and they caught the boys. The men were taking the garden and throwing it over the parapet. Their hard work went down the drain.

The lesson of the story is that people come into your life and change things for a reason. Sometimes it can be a bad reason or even a good reason. But whatever the reason is for must be for your benefits. It’s a powerful thing that takes you away into a land you never thought was real. It’s a great thing called fate.