Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick | Teen Ink

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

By kkenb BRONZE, Minneapolis, Minnesota
kkenb BRONZE, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Nora Grey wasn't interested in any of the guys at her school. On a fateful day, she meets Patch, a dark, mysterious stranger . Nora doesn't know what to think of him. She is afraid of him yet at the same time, intrigued. Slowly, she is drawn ever closer to Patch. There's something not right about him though. He seems to be everywhere she is, he seems to know things that only her closest friends do, and he seems to be speaking directly to her thoughts. Should she run away from him or fall for him? She doesn't realize that she is in the middle of a battle between the Immortal and the Fallen. One wrong choice will cost her life.
This book was disappointing. It had great potential but failed to live up to it. Every single chapter felt as though the story was starting over. I felt like the plot wasn't advancing much and the same scenario kept appearing over and over again. The narrator and main protagonist of this story never got any closer to the truth. She also kept throwing herself into obvious danger. It was as if she wanted to get hurt. I realize that an author has to do that in order to advance the plot but they should at least make it believable. The characters reactions were also not very plausible. They were downright oblivious. Reading the prologue got me really excited for the supernatural side of the story. I'm really into stuff like that and I felt like this book let me down. It really didn't have much of the mythology side. There really could've been a lot more in that department. Despite all that, I'm still going to read the second one (Crescendo) because I still feel like there's something more.