Ranger's Aprentice: The Icebound Land | Teen Ink

Ranger's Aprentice: The Icebound Land

The Ranger's apprentice series is a great big medieval adventure. The third book is by far the best. Will, a young apprentice to halt, a ranger, gets captured during a war. Halt, being old has nothing left but will so he'll do anything to save him even if it means getting expelled from the Ranger's Corps. The book is about how will and Princess Cassandra, who got captured with him, find their way out of this predicament. As it turns out, Halt and will's best friend Horace have been on the hunt, looking for will too. As it turns out Halt and Horace have been extremely close to Will and Cassandra. Will and Cassandra's capturers were only seconds from killing them. But just in time, Will heard that familiar thrum of the bow string as it was released. He turned to see what had happened and just as he had expected, there were Halt and Horace. Halt, with his amazing accuracy, had already taken out the other 3 capturers and finally, the friends were safe… at least for now.

If you want to know what happens next, then read book four, the battle for Skandia, and figure out what drove Halt to helping his #1 enemy