<i>The Kid Who Climbed Everest </i>by Bear Grylls | Teen Ink

The Kid Who Climbed Everest by Bear Grylls MAG

By Bikerjo BRONZE, Alpine, Utah
Bikerjo BRONZE, Alpine, Utah

The Kid Who Climbed Everest is a true account of Bear Grylls' journey to climb Mount Everest. If you have ever seen the Discovery show “Man vs. Wild,” then you know that host Bear Grylls does some pretty crazy stuff. But what many don't know is that he was one of the youngest people to climb Mount Everest. And only a few years after, he had a parachuting accident with the British Special Forces that almost paralyzed him for life.

Bear Grylls does an amazing job giving vivid detail. From his parachuting accident, to the agony of high-altitude climbing, to the discomforts of living in a tent for a month, it feels like you're there too. He was faced with the huge challenge of climbing a mountain that was dangerous at best.

This book is definitely a page-turner that I didn't want to put down. It is incredibly suspenseful as well as informative about how the mountaineering world works. It gave me a deeper respect for those who risk their lives for a goal they want to achieve.

If you're looking for an adventure book that you won't want to put down, look no further. The Kid Who Climbed Everest is an amazing story of luck, guts, and pure will. I'm sure you'll like it as much as I did.

I enjoy reading climbing books and was inspired to read this book after watching many episodes of Man vs. Wild.