Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

September 10, 2013
By Korncake BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
Korncake BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
A Fantastic Book
Battle of the Labyrinth was written by Rick Riordan. It is part of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series; this is the fourth book in the series. Rick Riordan lives in San Antonio, Texas with his wife and two sons. The Olympian series was based on a series of bedtime stories Rick told to his son, Haley who was eight years old and diagnosed with learning disabilities.

Battle of the Labyrinth is a fictional story about a boy named Percy Jackson who is a son of the Roman god Poseidon. He goes to a camp for demigods like him over the summer called Camp Halfblood. He has made many friends there including Grover, a satyr, Annabeth, a daughter of Athena, and Percy’s half-brother Tyson.

Percy, Annabeth, Grover and Tyson get sent to find Daedalus in the Labyrinth so he can help them defeat Luke, a former camper at Camp Halfblood who is trying to revive the evil Titan, Kronos. The Titans were the evil beings that came before the gods. Zeus cut Kronos into little pieces and threw them into Tartarus, where all evil monsters are held. Then the gods became the all-powerful beings.

The theme of The Battle of the Labyrinth is to never give up. The tone was very much action oriented and the battles are very exciting and cleverly written. Just when you think the story is going one way it does a complete one eighty turn and goes another. The story can be funny and lighthearted in one part and very serious and dark in another. The names of the chapters for instance are some of the funniest parts of the book.

The Battle of the Labyrinth is a very good book that explains important parts of the last three books well. It manages to create vivid images with few complex words, so it’s a good book for any age. I recommend this book to anyone that likes a good story. Rick Riordan does a very good job of keeping you interested with new characters, problems, and adventures presenting themselves. His writing style is clever and unique and really makes you care about the character.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone because it is very interesting and fast paced and keeps you interested.