NYPD Red by james patterson | Teen Ink

NYPD Red by james patterson

By ieatmonkeys BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
ieatmonkeys BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia

NYPD RED

NYPD Red was written by award winning author James Patterson. He is well known for many of his books. James was born in Newburgh N.Y. on March 22, 1947. He has many many best selling books and has won many awards for his writing. He pulled me into this book after just a few chapters.

NYPD Red is a fictional book about two of N.Y.C. best detectives, agents Zach Jordan and Kylie Macdonald along with captain Cates and Kylie’s husband Spence Harrington. The book takes place in present day New York City. It is the week of Hollywood on the Hudson, a really big event in New York where all the Hollywood stars come to New York to act in movies.

One morning detective Jordan finds out he is going to be paired with his ex-girlfriend and long time friend Kyle Macdonald. First day on the job with Kylie two homicides take place and Captain Cates puts Macdonald and Jordan on the case. Putting them to work right away they have the biggest case in New York City at the time. Kylie and Zach are determined to catch this cold blooded killer. He has been on the loose for a while since the first attack took place and the mayor is frantic. One day they catch a break on where to find the killer from a Skype call on Kylies cell phone.

The theme of NYPD Red is probably saying never judge a book by its cover. They accused many people in this book of committing the crimes but they really didn’t. The police were wrong but eventually they got there guy but never expected it to be him. You could the person that seems the nicest or looks the coolest could be. Some of the time they are the opposite of what you think.

NYPD Red is a great book. One of the best I have ever read. It is full of suspense and action and mystery it just pulls you in and you don’t want to stop reading. It was great writing and seemed so realistic it felt like I was there the whole time. I would recommend this book to any readers who are into action, suspense, and mystery books. It was over all a great book I would read it again if I could.