Pendragon: The Lost City of Faar | Teen Ink

Pendragon: The Lost City of Faar

October 6, 2008
By Anonymous

This book, Pendragon, is an amazing and action-packed series. The author is D.J. MacHale. So, now imagine you are in a movie theatre, and the movie is about to begin. The deep, dark voice comes over the speakers and says, “Ladies and gentleman,” and the preview about the movie and the movie’s setting. Now imagine this voice while you read this review. Bobby Pendragon is a normal middle school boy with the perfect life. He is popular, smart, a jock, and has a girlfriend. This guy truly has the perfect life of a teenager. Now when his uncle takes him to different worlds and “territories,” he is truly freaked out. He finds out he is a traveler, and must stop the territories from reaching a turning point of either chaos and war, or peace and harmony. That would be a heavy load to carry on my shoulders. I would be freaked out too. In this book, The lost city of Faar, Uncle Press and Bobby head to Cloral. There, they nearly get killed by Saint Dane, and evil mastermind who makes other people do his dirty work. Uncle Press and Bobby have to stop him and keep the territories in peace. This book hasn’t won any awards yet, but I bet that when the time comes, it will. I truly love and think this a great book to read. This series has nine books, and I’m hoping for a tenth. The characters are: Bobby Pendragon, Uncle Press, Courtney Chewtnyde, Bobby’s girlfriend, Mark Dimond, Bobby’s best friend, and of course the characters from different territories. Spadar, Loor, Aldar, and Wu Yenza. These characters have good hearts and help Bobby along the way when he needs it the most, and when he doesn’t. This is a truly amazing book and series, and I hope everyone will read it.