New Moon by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

October 6, 2008
By Anonymous

“'Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars—points of light and reason…And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.'”
New Moon is the action-packed sequel to Twilight. This book is filled with romance and suspense, and will leave the reader guessing until the very end. A perfect balance of comedy and adventure, Stephenie Meyer writes a compelling sequel. This is a page-turning, hard-to-put-down novel that will keep readers guessing until the very end.
In Twilight, Bella Swan moves to Forks, Washington, the rainiest place in the world, to live with her dad, Charlie. Throughout this book, Bella discovers that her lab partner, Edward Cullen, is a vampire. She ends up falling in love with Edward and never wanting him to leave.
Turns out, in New Moon, Edward does leave Bella. He is convinced that they can't be together, and that it is too dangerous for her to be around him. She ends up moping around with her friend, Jacob, and discovers a shocking truth about who Jacob Black really is. As Bella tries to get her mind off of depression, she begins to break the rules. Near-death experiences are the one time when Bella can remember Edward the clearest…
I recommend this book for anyone that loves romance, hidden affection, and suspense. This book is made for anyone that ever wonders what it would be like to be something impossible, a fictional character. This is an amazing book, and makes me question if it really is possible for vampires to exist on Earth.