The The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom | Teen Ink

The The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

September 29, 2008
By Anonymous

“This How would you feel if your last dieing moment was trying to save a girl, but you don't know of you saved her?” Eddie was going through this in his afterlife. This outstanding, mind-blowing novel is called The 5 People You Meet in Heaven which is written by: Mitch Albom.
I thought this book was a delightful read because it was descriptive throughout the entire story. The plot was all over the place, which could get confusing, but I liked it. Even though it is a fiction book, it was so engaging that you could think that it was a true story. But, of course it wasn't because the main character (Eddie), lives in heaven when he dies which is where the majority of the book takes place.
I thought that Eddie running out in front of the car to get his baseball was an eye-opening scene, which could be related to real life. It was Eddie's 7th birthday and he got a baseball for his present. Eddie ran for his baseball that his brother through into the street. Eddie wasn't paying attention as a car was coming and “Scrrrreeeeeeeeeeech.” The person in the car didn't crash but just the mortifying shock of the kid caused him to have a heart attack. The relation between Eddie and the guy in the car is that the guy in the car is the 1st person that Eddie meets in heaven. Don't you think it would be weird if you had to meet the man you killed but your entire life you didn't know you killed him. The can relate to real life because it shows how people get into accidents by not paying attention. There was one question running through Eddie's head, the question was; “Did I really kill the Blue man.”
The weird thing about this book is that the first chapter is the end. What I am saying by that is that the first chapter is called “The End.” I thought that this was the most important chapter because this when Eddie dies. In my opinion, I thought that Eddie a very sad and drastic way even though he might of died on a good note. Eddie died from a ride at Ruby Pier Amusement Park. Eddie wasn't on the ride, but was the operator. Eddie died from trying to save a girl from getting hit with the ride that was like a skyrocket failing its landing.
The bad thing about this book was that it gets very sad at certain points in the book and you don't know if you should keep reading on; the reason it gets so sad is because the author, Mitch Albom, describes the events so suspenseful, that you don't know if it is going to get worse, but the truth is it doesn't.
Throughout my entire life, I thought, this book was the best book I have ever read because it was well described- vivid words. I would recommend this book to a person who can handle a sad book. The events were very little of the events in the book and there are many more that are just as exciting. If you thought this preview was good, give the book a chance.