One night at the call center by Chetan Bhagat | Teen Ink

One night at the call center by Chetan Bhagat

By Priyadarshini GOLD, Kodaikanal, Other
Priyadarshini GOLD, Kodaikanal, Other

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
― Dr. Seuss

The synopsis at the back of the book would definitely make one interested. A call from God? Now that is something anyone would want to read. An atheist would want to read merely to prove that there is no God and no one can get calls from such a force. A religious person who strongly believes in God would be curious and in awe to get a call from the ultimate supremacy and would therefore be very keen on understanding the situation.
This scene is without doubt the most interesting scene in the book and the scene everyone would be waiting for. However this scene is more towards the end of the book which keeps us all waiting. Before this scene the story is more focused on the lives of the friends, the troubles, hardships they go through in their job and their love life. The call from God is supposed to be the highlight of the book and the focus of the book because one encounter with God makes the friends realize the value of life. However sadly enough this is the scene that is the least described. The scene almost seems a bit forced and rushed. If this scene were given more importance and priority the book overall would have been definitely better. The readers wait for the call to come, and once it does there are a lot of expectations of descriptions, details and insight towards the thoughts and emotions of the characters but Chetan Bhagat has ultimately failed in doing this. Compared to other situations and incidents in the book this event seems to be the least descriptive. After reading this book I feel reluctant to read his other books because he has failed my expectations.