Angels and Demons | Teen Ink

Angels and Demons

September 30, 2008
By Anonymous

Angels and Demons/ Dan Brown

A symbol was burned into the man's chest with a brand. Robert Langdon, a renowned Harvard Symbologist, is brought to a research center in Switzerland to decipher a symbol. However, the symbol is no ordinary symbol. It is branded on a well-known scientist's chest. This symbol soon leads to assassination threats and a bomb threat that has Vatican City in disarray. The antagonists turn out to be a secret society, thought to be extinct, The Illuminati.

Robert Langdon is a master when it comes to Symbology. He is a middle-aged man with a nice physique from swimming every day. Robert always thinks before he acts and is calm no matter what the situation. He also has a refined sense of style leaving others bewildered that he is American.

The symbol in which Langdon is to decipher turns out to be the beginning of a quest he never imagined. Langdon is counted upon, as well as forced, to stop a secret society which has placed a canister of something more deadly than a nuclear reactor below Vatican City. This sounds like a stoppable threat, but nobody knows where the canister is. Robert must use other clues to find the canister and save his new love's life. While all this is happening, Cardinals and a future Pope are being assassinated.

Angels and Demons keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout the novel. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys suspense and is willing to get attracted to a book so much the book will not be put down. The author, Dan Brown, uses real facts and places to make


The author's comments:
I really like this girl sitting next to me right now.