Breakup Bible | Teen Ink

Breakup Bible

Jennifer is a normal teenage girl in high school. She has two best friends Clara and Martha. Jen also has a younger brother named Danny. Jennifer is editor of the school newspaper with her boyfriend Max. Max and Jennifer have been dating for a while when he breakup with her for another girl. Jennifer is not sure she can handle being at school with him.

Jennifer- High school girl with her best friends. Jen gets a job with The New York Times as an editor. She is fun, outgoing and loves the newspaper.
Danny: Jennifer’s younger brother is in a mind-set that he is colored. He acts different until he reads his sister’s column in the paper about the different people in the school. He changes and treats girls with more respect.
Clara and Martha: Jennifer’s best friends since grade school.
Eugene (Gene): A friend of Jennifer’s dad. He is a young teenager. Gene and Jen talk more and more throughout the book

Jennifer is ok with life until her boyfriend Max tells her they should only be friends. Jen hides from the world and rarely leaves her house. She feels lost and alone without max in her life. Her grandma gets her the breakup bible and as she reads it she slowly begins to adjust and live with the changes in her life. She slowly starts changing and she meets Eugene. On their first date she ends up leaving him alone as she cries about Max. With time she calls him back and they date more often.

Yes, I would recommend this book. I would only recommend it to girls who are having relationship problems or enjoy that kind of topic. It’s a very detailed love advice story. It helps with two different types of advice. Advice from the breakup Bible and advice from what Jen learns. She learns that you can’t always get what you want and things change even if you don’t want them to. It’s a good book for teen or mid-aged girls.

keylasanchez said...
on Oct. 9 2016 at 5:25 pm
keylasanchez,
This is such an inspirational book to me it shows me that your worth more. Than what a boy or,who ever can make you worth you need to love your self at all times even when your alone.

on Jan. 16 2014 at 11:02 am
i loved this book so much