Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

September 30, 2008
By Anonymous

“If Edward was a vampire-then what should I do?” (138). Bella Swan, a seventeen year old, just moved to Forks, Washington to live with her father. She does not have a problem fitting in or immediately attracting love-sick boys who are constantly fighting for her attention. But in all the chaos of her new school, Bella is intrigued by one specific group of kids. They all have the same features; they don't say a word, they never eat anything at lunch, they are all beautiful in such a unique way, and they were all siblings; they were the Cullen family. Out of all of the Cullen's, Bella seems to be most intrigued by one, the most beautiful of all of them, Edward Cullen. Despite Edward's strange behavior and obvious hate toward her, Bella can't seem to stay away from him. When Edward suddenly saves Bella's life, she becomes very suspicious about his motives and wants to learn more about him. Bella decides to talk to an old family friend who knows all the gossip about the Cullen family. In her investigation, Bella finds out a secret about the Cullen family, and she realizes the true danger she is in. Bella must decide if the love that draws them together is worth risking her life. “What if I am not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?” (92) Twilight by Stephanie Meyer is a thrilling book that keeps you on the edge of your seat. A love story quickly turning into one of life or death, Meyer keeps the emotions jumping off the pages through the whole book, making it nearly impossible to put the book down. Twilight is one of four books in the saga series, and I am eager to continue the series to see where the dangerous love takes them next.