<i>Wreck this Journal</i> by Keri Smith | Teen Ink

Wreck this Journal by Keri Smith MAG

By Claireluvsgir BRONZE, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Claireluvsgir BRONZE, Fayetteville, North Carolina

I've kept journals before, but have never written in them as frequently as I write in my Wreck this Journal. I struggle to put it down.

Instead of blank lined pages, each page has a different task. For example, I open my journal to a random page and it reads, “Do some rubbings with a pencil.” The great thing about this journal is that it's not specific. You can do rubbings of anything – headstones, license plates, even random household objects. In the front of the book there is a set of rules, but even these are open-ended. Rule 4 states, “Instructions are open to interpretation.”

Wreck this Journal is great for inspiration; it gives you tasks that are thought-provoking rather than pages of endless blank lines. It is a great way to pass the time and a great gift for anyone, no matter how young or old. But be warned: you will get messy! I have had this book for a month, but am far from being even halfway done because there is so much to do. Honestly, I can't say too much about it without you giving it a try. I would give this book five stars and recommend it to any creative person. If you would like to see some finished journals, go to YouTube and search “Finished Wreck this Journal.”

I hope people will fall in love with this book like I did!