Also Known As by Robin Benway | Teen Ink

Also Known As by Robin Benway

By alpacalypse SILVER, Austin, Texas
alpacalypse SILVER, Austin, Texas

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Unknown

Maggie Silver is a spy. She travels around with her parents on missions, safe cracking for the Collective. When her family is sent on a solo mission in New York, Maggie’s world seems to be turning inside out. Now she’s undercover, attending private school, and making... friends?

The relationships between characters in this book seemed a little weird. It made me feel like they didn’t know each other very well, but obviously they knew quite a bit about each other, which was a weird contrast.

I also found the relationship between Maggie and her parents a little odd, mostly because they weren’t concerned about anything most people worry about- like socialization for instance. It seemed like they weren’t very close either, despite the fact that she was homeschooled for most of her life.

I liked the tone of this book, it was light and funny with some seriousness mixed in. It was a nice contrast. The writing style was very interesting too, it was very descriptive, but still easy and fun to read.

The book is a light, easy read that I would recommend to ages 13 and up. If you love a good action/spy novel then this is the book for you!