Holes by Louis Sacher | Teen Ink

Holes by Louis Sacher

September 7, 2008
By Anonymous

Intro:
The book Holes is a good book about a boy and his unlucky life. Holes tells three stories throughout the book but they all end up linking together. The story of Stanley tells us about being hopeful and not giving up. Kissing Kate Barlow's story is about love and loss and taking your anger and sadness out on others. Then we have Elya Yelnat's story that tells us about wanting things that you can't get then forgetting about your promises which starts the whole story.

Main Points:
Zero actually steals the shoes that belonged to Sweet Feet and throws them. They hit Stanley on the head when he is walking home from school after missing the bus. Stanley then gets blamed for stealing the shoes and gets sent to camp green lake. The lake at the camp went dry after Sam died but when Stanley found the chest it started to rain and the lake was full again. It was destiny for Stanley because he also broke the curse after singing a song at Gods thumb to Zero while he drank the water. The 3 stories in the book are all linked up together and so are the characters.

Evaluation:
I think that the book tells a good story of a boy and his unlucky life which he knows a lot about. I like how it is set out in the book it really makes you think.

Conculsion:
This is a good book that makes you want to read it because you want to know what's going to happen next, and you feel like you are in the book.

My final review:
I think that this is a good book for school kids teaching them things about life, like never giving up and being hopeful of the future.
I give it 4 stars.