Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K Rowling

By Peters.Brooke SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Peters.Brooke SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

Brave. I couldn't choose a better word to describe Harry Potter. Walking into his first year of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, everybody already knew who he was, the famous Harry Potter. He was never afraid to complete task that others thought to be impossible or try spells only a few skillful wizards could accomplish. His successes surpassed everyone's expectations. In the fifth book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, J.K. Rowling does a marvelous job at defining the characters’ personalities and the details in the book make it feel as if I am the character. I'm always kept on my toes while reading the fifth book because there is never a dull moment.
From students to professors, there are many different personalities in this book. Two of Harry Potter’s closest friends, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, really show true friendship. They would never leave his side in a time of need and would risk everything to help Harry. On the other hand, there are characters like Draco Malfoy and his two sidekicks Crabbe and Goyle. Who would take any chance they could get to torment Harry. Students are comparable to professors, some are on Harry’s side like Professor Dumbledore while others couldn't be any more relentless to him like Professor Umbridge. Weather its someone who supports Harry or not, their personalities are always remarkably defined and detailed.
While Harry Potter and his friends fight off a dozen Death Eaters, I am practically terrified for them. The details in this book unmistakably add to it because I can make a real connection to what the characters are feeling. Sometimes I actually catch myself furious at the characters who treat Harry poorly. While other times I want to cry or cheer with them because its as if I have made a relationship with these characters. When I make a connection with the characters, the book is much more enjoyable.
One minute I'm worried about Mr. Weasley, the next minute Professor Dumbledore is fleeing Hogwarts and the wicked Professor Umbridge is the new headmistress. This book is packed with surprises and unexpected events that I never find myself bored with it. I go to bed later each night because I always tell myself “just one more chapter.” J.K. Rowling is an unbelievable author who keeps her readers entertained all through the book.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is one of my favorite books because the characters are so well illustrated, the details make it feel like I'm the character, and I never get tired of reading it. Harry Potter really inspires me with the bravery he shows. No matter what situation he is put in, he consistently thinks of others before himself. It doesn't bother him if his life is endangered, the only thing he cares about is that his friends and family are safe. I didn't expect the Harry Potter series to be good but they genuinely surprised me and I highly recommend reading it.