The Kill Order by James Dashner | Teen Ink

The Kill Order by James Dashner

May 3, 2013
By Anthony Ortega BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
Anthony Ortega BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Kill Order came out to be one of the quickest books I’ve read throughout James Dasher’s Maze Runner series. The book in general was an extremely easy read due to it’s plot line, and vocabulary usage. Reading the prequel to the series has its advantages, the first being that it does not require prior knowledge before opening it up. Throughout the series, each book leaves the reader hanging from their seats wanting to know more answers of what vicious plot the villains are stirring up in the next book. The Kill Order holds all the knowledge of the series and with no characters links, with the exception of one, you do not have to know about previous character bios to understand the story. The word usage overall came easy to read as well. With a moderate level of vocabulary throughout the book, it became much easier to fly to the end. With an easy to understand plot line, and fast pace reading, clarity received a perfect score on my end.

This Futuristic book really takes you away from your own reality and puts you in the middle of the true action. The time period of this book lands sometime around one hundred years in the future. Throughout the book the main character Mark has flash backs prior to the apocalyptic event. These flashbacks provide a well vivid image of what the future in the book came out to be. From teleporting devices, to lightning guns, the technology ranges in this book. Being that a devastating apocalyptic event has occurred on earth, the government takes extreme measures to kill off as many people as possible to secure its supplies. In this process a virus is sent to kill off survivors, creating a catastrophe and an empire of zombies. The escape from reality in this book couldn’t be any more perfect. This scenario of fighting off zombie-infested people creates an exciting atmosphere.

Clarity and escape from realism in this book hit perfect scores in my opinion. The Kill Order overall was an easy read that was able to drown a reader out of his or her world. The books that came before this one was released, share little knowledge of what the past was like in this world. This book, being the fountain of information, to me was the best out of all in the series. A combination of all seven yardsticks would have the book set near perfect in my opinion.


The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this article due to my love of reading.