<i>Friday Night Lights</i> by H. G. Bissinger | Teen Ink

Friday Night Lights by H. G. Bissinger MAG

May 3, 2013
By Mo White BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
Mo White BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Once you start reading Friday Night Lights: A Town, a Team, and a Dream, you will not want to put it down. H.G. Bissinger adds many attention-grabbers that make it an amazing read. This true story will put you right into the characters' shoes, and the cliffhangers will keep you on the edge of your seat. This is one beautifully written book.

The plot focuses on the Permian High School Panthers football team and their road to the Texas high school state championship. Not only does Bissinger write about the team, but he shows how the town influences the boys. You will feel like you have a front-row ticket in the student section for the football games.

Bissinger does a phenomenal job writing in a very graphic, clear way. Though the book is long, it's a quick read because of the language that any teenager will understand.

If you are looking for a book that ties in sports and family values, this is for you. It is one of the best sports books out there. You will learn not only about football, but also about yourself. I recommend this book to anyone willing to put themselves in the shoes of a citizen living in a town crazy for high school football.