Percy Jackson and the Olympians:The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

Percy Jackson and the Olympians:The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

April 10, 2013
By katy bazan BRONZE, Union City, California
katy bazan BRONZE, Union City, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Battle of the Labyrinth is the fourth book from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. In this book, Percy is trying to start a normal life by going to high school. Suddenly, he realizes that being the son of Poseidon means he can not have a normal life. After setting fire to the school, Percy is forced to go back to camp Half Blood. While at camp, he finds out that Kronos, the Lord of the Titans, is planning to use the Labyrinth as an entrance to attack the camp. In order to prevent the attack Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and Tyson must go on a quest where death is always near, in a maze that is so complicated that heroes lose their minds. While on their journey they will encounter secrets, and revelations they never expected to find. This book will take you on an adventure you will never forget and will keep you guessing.

I would give Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan 4.5 out of 5 stars because this book if full of twists and turns and it keeps you wanting more. What I like about this book is the background and history itself because it is based on Greek mythology, so there are a lot of mythological creatures and it’s a fun way to learn about Greek mythology. I also really like this book because Percy has a great personality because every time he proves that he is selfless and will do anything in order to keep everyone he cares about safe. He is a well rounded character that I can relate to.

One of my favorite techniques that Riordan uses is using dreams in order to convey important information to Percy and the reader. This technique also acts as visions because in these dreams Percy sees events that have happened in the past and in the present, these dreams are important especially when he goes on his quest.

In conclusion, I really enjoyed this book and I think you will too.


The author's comments:
I began reading the series and I just loved it. It is a well written series and I really like reading about greek mythology.