Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald | Teen Ink

Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald

April 8, 2013
By Con-killa BRONZE, La Vista, Nebraska
Con-killa BRONZE, La Vista, Nebraska
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Whenever you feel like criticizing any one...just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had.” –Gatsby’s father
I personally think that Society does not determine whether or not the average person makes it in our world , them their self’s decided that. Through hard work and dedication anyone has a chance at the average American dream. People are so busy dreaming, fantasizing about what they could be or have a right to be, that they fall asleep at the switch. Consequently we are living in the age of human error. People in society play a big role in the ordinary person’s life, they always push you and make you strive for greatness. The American dream is not always as easy as it is for other people.

Everyone in this world is being competitive with one another, they may not believe it but they are. People play a big role in the American Dream because there’s always competition with citizens while their just doing simple task. In the job world people need to have competition to keep their jobs, house, cars etc. People in this world, can learn anything they want, it’s up to the person to decide if they are going to accomplish it or not. Society has an effect on people whether they know it or not the effect go be good or bad it just depend on how they make it. The people that are determine to make a change for the better make a honest living and are determine to make The American dream can come in reach.


The author's comments:
Amazing