The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger | Teen Ink

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

April 5, 2013
By Priyadarshini GOLD, Kodaikanal, Other
Priyadarshini GOLD, Kodaikanal, Other
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
― Dr. Seuss


The Time Traveler’s Wife is one of the most unique books ever written. Whilst first reading the book it might seem a bit weird if one is used to reading books with a normal setting. It might even seem confusing as at the beginning the book is like a jigsaw puzzle with pieces scattered here and there. The reader might even wonder how they are supposed to put the pieces of the puzzle together and figure out the story. However by the end of the book everything will fall into place. As it is of course a romantic book love is the main focus. It is especially perfect for those belonging to the 21st century.
In this era there are many couples who break off their relationship as long distance does not work out. It is as though the presence of the person they love is more important than the love itself. They don’t realize that if their heart belongs to a person they will always be connected to them no matter how close or far they are. This book depicts how love is difficult but cannot die or just vanish because of factors such as time and distance. If the love is true and strong it will hold on no matter what happens. The love between Clare and Henry is love that is so pure and love that can never ever die out despite the difficulties and circumstances.
The author has really got talent as although there have been jumps from one time period to the next; the reader remembers the events in the right order. It is amazing how the author has done this as it is one of the most challenging tasks and the author has managed to do this beautifully.


The author's comments:
There is more to love than what meets the eye.